If you are a reader of Pro-Gun News, I don’t need to convince you that guns save lives.
But sometimes it is great to see just a little bit of concrete proof showing just how much that fact is true.
And the good folks at FEE wrote up a great article going into the numbers showing just how many people a day are saved by guns.
“I checked online and found some fascinating numbers. A good website with footnotes and references to authoritative sources is GunFacts.info. There I learned the following:
- Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired, and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.
- Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms.
- 60 percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. Forty percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.
- Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot.
- Fewer than 1 percent of firearms are used in the commission of a crime.
If you doubt the objectivity of the site above, it’s worth pointing out that the Center for Disease Control, in a report ordered by President Obama in 2012 following the Sandy Hook Massacre, estimated that the number of crimes prevented by guns could be even higher—as many as 3 million annually, or some 8,200 every day.”
The entire article is worthwhile, and a recommended read. You can check it out by clicking here.
To stay up to date on all the threats coming from the gun grabbers in Washington and beyond, sign up for email alerts from Pro-Gun News by clicking this link.
Support Pro-Gun News by picking up a bag of coffee from Ranger Candy Coffee Company. Their high-quality beans are roasted and packaged right here in America, and is veteran owned and operated. >> All purchases made at this link support Pro-Gun News <<